Monday, June 7, 2010

The Blue Heron Petting Zoo

While in Tillamook we stopped at the Blue heron for brie tasting and a small petting zoo.  The brie was amazing plus it helps they let you sample Oregon wine as well!



The "petting zoo" consisted of a very overbearing lama.  He looked like he might spit at the drop of a hat.  I for one never turned my back on him.  They also had a few goats, and an ostrich.  I have never seen an ostrich at petting zoo and now I know why!  I casually offered the ostrich some grain.  He came right over and head went up to look around or so I thought.  Then the beck can down and struck like a hammer on my hand. Shoot it hurt and scared me too.  I, being the the opportunist that I, am told Nick he should feed the ostrich as he didn't see what had just happened.  Same thing and reaction.  I was laughing so hard.  Nick got Colby to do it as well, then Deidra.  All of us had sore hands but seriously a good laugh after!  I am sure the farmer was laughing and thinking ah, city folk, such suckers! 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lana said...

OUCHY! Good thing the ostrid didn't think Elle was a piece of grain.

Oergel said...

Funny story! Elle looks like she really likes the animals.