Sunday, April 19, 2009

Craftin' with Mom

Two weekends ago I took over Mom's dining room and living room for sewing. I don't think she was quite prepared for all the fabric and ideas I had :)

I made my very first quilt for the baby!

Pinning the batting to the fabric. Mom's living room was perfect for putting the squares together!

I tried to get Mom to sew it but she was insistent that I do it all myself but I did make her sit right next to me for the final stitches.

Here is a receiving blanket I made. My new sewing machine has crazy cool stitches. This one is small daisy's.

Here I am with my finished projects from the weekend! I also made the twins blankets and pillows as part of their birthday presents.

Mom was able to help me and kick out 6 receiving blankets and almost finish the moses basket!

Currently I am working on a bird mobile for over the crib. I will post pictures once I finish it! I am getting so excited for the baby's room to come together!!


Thank you Mom for all your help and patience! See it only took 30 years for me to beg you to teach me to sew!




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Now that was a productive weekend!

Oergel said...

It was fun as well as productive. Glad you are enjoying sewing - your quilt is beautiful!

Tracie said...

Wow! That is so great that you are making all of that! What a good Mommy you are. It is all beautiful. I can't wait to see the nursery.

Lana said...

HOLLY MOO!!! (Sorry cow just seems to common) IMPRESSIVE!!!